A delicious, nutritious start to your day.
Getting creative with my newly discovered superfood! I recently went to the local GP at Budja Budja for my “annual” check-up, which we both have been doing since we turned 40, usually a picture of health, this time the doctor called me back to go through my results. Guess what, my cholesterol and kidney level were both slightly elevated?!?! This is how I “discovered” this extraordinary delicious superfood in a jar! Oats have cholesterol-lowering properties and many other health benefits. Even my daughter and her boyfriend who are both working as farmhands and burn a lot of energy daily, are HOOKED! I let you know how I went!
Do you do annual general check-ups?
PREP TIME – 5 mins
COOK TIME – 0 mins
COURSE – Breakfast, Snack
SERVINGS – 1 serves
CALORIES – 71 kcal
- Glass or any Jar
- Lid to jar/or foodwrap
- 1/4 cup rolled oats organically grown
- 1/4 cup milk choose any “milk” (incl. almond, oat, soy, coconut etc.)
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Rokeby Farms Probiotic Firmjolk Drink Woolworths supermarket
- 1 tsp flaxseeds organicallly grown
- 1 tsp chia seeds organically grown
- 1 tsp honey organically grown
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- Get a glass or jar with a lid (I use meredith goats cheese jars, handy to take the overnight oats as a snack)
- Add all ingredients
- Stir, untill all ingredients are thoroughly mixed
- Close the jar with lid or cover.
- Put in fridge for absorption
- Top with any of your favourite topping
- Oats are an extremely healthy start to your day!
- Eating on the run?
- Avoid multitasking and honor your digestive system by sitting down and focussing on this delicious snack/meal. It will greatly enhance the benefits of this super delicious superfood!
- Dark chocolate and crushed up cashews/almonds/walnuts/macadamia nuts.
- Passion fruit
- Mixed berries
- Homemade apple compote